- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour
1. Line a 22cm cake pan with aluminium foil and set aside.
2. Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer for about 10 mins, or until mixture is thick and pale. Pour into a large bowl.
3. Sift flour two times onto a sheet of baking paper. Sift again over the egg and sugar mix. Using a balloon whisk, gently fold to combine. (Remember not to stir.) Pour in to prepared cake pan.
4. Cook in a moderate oven at 180C for around 25 mins, or until the edges of the sponge have slightly shrunk away from the pan.
5. When done, leave in pan for 5 mins. Put on a wire rack to cool down.
6. If desired, decorate.